In this article, we explain benefits and security in amazon relational database service, Amazon RDS makes it easy to set up, operate and scale a relational database in the Cloud. It provides cost-efficient and resizable capacity while managing time-consuming database administrator takes, freeing you up to focus on your application and business.
- Auto Backup
- DR Setup
- Easy to restore
- Easy to Administer
- Available & Durable
Let’s discussed on Amazon Aurora, its use, security, features, migration, availability:
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL compatible relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of Open Source Databases.
• It provides 5 times the throughput of standard MySql running on the same hardware
• This consistent performance with commercial databases at one-tenth of the cost and no license constraints.
• You can scale read operations using read replicas that have a very low replication latency (10ms)
Aurora provides multiple levels of security for your database. These include network isolation using Amazon VPC encryption at rest using keys you create and control through AWS key management service and encryption of data in transit using SSL.
- Automated backup, snapshots & replicas in the same cluster
- Data in the underlying storage is encrypted
- It is fully compatible MySQL 5.6 using the InnoDB Storage engine (means the driver, application, and tools which currently used today with your MySql DB can be used with Aurora with little or no change.
- Aurora is a great replacement for commercial databases ( Oracle, SQL Server)
How to migrate Oracle and SQL Server to Aurora?
You can use AWS service or any tool for schema conversion, here I mention:
- AWS DB Migration Service – DMS (Database Migration Service)
- AWS Schema Conversion Tool
Instance failover typically requires less than thirty seconds.
- Aurora storage is fault-tolerant and self-healing
- 6 Copies of your data are replicated across three availability zones and continuously backed up to Amazon S3
In this article, we explain benefits and security in amazon relational database service. check out what is Amazon RDS?